Wednesday 25 August 2010

Package from Bulgaria!





I haven't made anything for a while now, because ever since starting my new job, all I want to do is come home and sit on my bum! So, I better start making things again, whether I want to sit on my bum doing nothing or not!

I've been trying to get a hat block for a while now, but they are expensive, and one block only does one style of hat in one size. Not to mention the rest of the stuff you need to make a hat, and the fact that cotton petersham is only stocked by one person in the whole of Scotland! I lucked out on ebay a few weeks ago, and managed to get one in a good shape and average head size for £45. Bargainous! And I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for it, and it finally arrived today - all the way from Bulgaria! I thought it was coming from London!

I love getting mail from other countries. I've always loved the unusual stamps and postmarks, and the thought that something has traveled so far to get to you.

I finally have my hat block, so hopefully I'll have a hat up here soon, and I'll be one more step away from a life of retail servitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment